Cheerleading Home Page
2016 Cheerleading Contacts
EVP Of Cheer ~ Monifa Sterdvant email@example.com
VP of Cheer ~ Kalia Mcgee firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheer Team Coordinator ~ Kathy "Kat" Thompson email@example.com
Cheerleading Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How much is the cheerleading registration fee and what does the fee include?
The early bird registration fee is $375.00 (discount only applies at the March 19th registration and the registration amount must be paid in full)
The registration fee is $400.00, and includes the following:
• Participation in the league • Cheer uniform (shell, crop, skirt, brief) • Camp wear (shirt, shorts, ribbon) • Game Bow • Pom-Poms • Cheer-Bag • Cheer Sneakers • Socks • Cheer Off Fees • Cheer Off Camp • Wildcat Cheer Camp • Stunt Clinic • Insurance • GFL Fees• End of Season Trophy • Cheer Off Shirt • Spirit Package
2. Are there optional items for purchase?
Yes, we will also have for sale this season the following optional items: • Warm up ( Jacket and Pants) • Rain Items (Jacket) • Spirit Wear • PomPom Key Chains •Bag Tags
3. What is included in the Spirit Package?
The Spirit package includes a Pink Bow and Pink Socks for Breast Cancer Awareness.
4. Are the Cheer Camps Mandatory?
We ask that all of the cheerleaders attend as many of the camps as possible, it keeps them from missing important information. In the event a child is unable to attend the Stunt Clinic he/she will not be able to stunt the entire season, this cannot be waived, attendance is mandatory for stunt clinic.
5. When does practice start?
The first day of practice/camp is Monday July 25, 2016 at 6:30 pm.
6. What will my child need to wear and bring to practice?
We encourage each cheerleader to bring at least two bottles of ice cold water. Cheerleaders should wear light weight clothing preferable t-shirts, tank tops, shorts, socks and athletic sneakers.
Cheerleaders are not allowed to wear makeup, nail polish, fake nails, earrings, jeans, flip flops or sandals.
7. Do I have to come to every practice?
Yes, we ask that parents are no further than 15 minutes away from the practice area in case of an emergency.
8. How often will my child practice?
The first week of practice/camps the cheerleaders will practice Monday July 25, 2016 thru Friday July 29, 2016 from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm.
During the season practice will be as follows:
1st grade: Monday & Thursday 6:30 pm-7:45 pm
2nd thru 7th grades: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 6:30 pm- 8:00 pm
8th grade Monday, Tuesday & Thursday times TBA** If there are two 8th grade football teams the 8th grade girls will practice only two nights a week due to Tuesday night games.
9. My child changed their mind, how do I get a refund?
DYFCA has a strict no refund policy. Refunds will not be given in any case.
10. In addition to registration, will I have to pay anything else?
Yes, each squad is also required to raise funds to help cover team expenses. This is handled through either fundraisers or a flat-fee opt out program. Finally, all parents, grandparents, siblings, and visitors are required to pay an admission fee to each game. Adult admission is $4.00, Students are $1.00.
11. How old does my child have to be in order to cheer ?
In order to be a Duluth Youth Wildcat Cheerleader your child must be enrolled in Kindergarten (and be at least 5 years of age) thru 8th grade for the 2016 school year.
12. Does my child have to attend a uniform fitting?
Yes, both new and returning cheerleaders attendance at least one uniform fitting is mandatory. The cheerleader will be fitted for camp wear, cheer uniforms and shoes for the 2016 season. We will have 2 fittings this season.
13. How does DYFCA contribute to help make Cheer Off a success?
Each cheerleader will be asked to sell five GFL Cheer Off raffle tickets. The raffle takes place at Cheer Off with a chance to win great prizes. We also ask our parents, families, friends and supporters to purchases Cheer Off Shirts. Orders for these shirts can be placed at registration.