Cheerleading Home Page
Cheer Board Contacts:
EVP of Cheer - Monifa Sterdivant: firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Cheer - Kalia Mcgee: email@example.com
League Team Mom Cheer - Tanya Rouse:firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in being a Duluth Wildcat Cheer Coach?:
Duluth Wildcats is looking for volunteer Cheer Coaches, if you are interested in becoming a Cheer Coach please email Monifa Sterdivant at email@example.com for more information.
Cheerleading Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How much is the cheerleading registration fee and what does the fee include?
The registration fee is $390.00 and includes the following:
• Participate in the league • Cheer uniform (shell, crop, skirt, brief) • Camp wear (shirt, shorts, ribbon) • Game Bow/ Cheer Off Bow • Pom-Poms • Cheer-Bag • Cheer Sneakers • Socks • Cheer Off Fees • Cheer Off Camp • Wildcat Cheer Camp • Stunt Clinic • Insurance • GFL Fees
• End of Season Trophy • Cheer Off Shirt
2. Are there optional items purchase?
Yes, we will also have for sale this season the following optional items: • Warm up ( Jacket and Pants) • Rain Items (Jacket) • Additional Bows • Spirit Wear
3. What is included in the Spirit Package and is it mandatory for purchase?
The Spirit package includes a Pink Bow, Pink Socks for Breast Cancer Awareness and Cheer Off socks. The purchase of this package is not mandatory however the cost of this package is only $25.00 and a portion of the sales will be donated to Breast Cancer Research.
4. Are the Cheer Camps Mandatory?
We ask that all the girls attend as many of the camps and camp days as possible as it keeps them from missing important information. In the event a child is unable to attend the Stunt Clinic she will not be able to participate in Cheer Off at the end of the season, this cannot be waived, attendance is mandatory for this clinic.
5. When does practice start?
Practice typically starts the last two weeks in July prior to school starting. The exact dates are TBA.
6. What will my daughter need to wear and bring to practice?
We encourage each girl to bring at least two bottles of ice cold water. Girls should wear light weight clothing preferable t-shirts, tank tops, shorts, socks and athletic sneakers.
Girls are not allowed to wear makeup, nail polish, fake nails, earrings, jeans, flip flops or sandals.
7. Do I have to come to every practice?
Yes, we ask that parents are no further than 15 minutes away from the practice area in case of an emergency.
8. How often will my child practice?
The first two weeks of practice the girls will be Monday thru Friday from 6 pm-8 pm. During the season practice will be as follows:
1st grade: Monday & Thursday 6:30pm-7:45 pm
2nd thru 7th grades: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 6:45 pm- 8:00 pm 8th grade Monday,
Wednesday & Thursday times TBA** If there are two 8th grade football teams the 8th grade girls will practice only two nights a week due to Tuesday night games.
9. My child changed their mind, how do I get a refund?
DYFCA has a strict no refund policy. Refunds will not be given in any case.
10. In addition to registration, will I have to pay anything else?
Yes, each squad is also required to raise funds to help cover team expenses. This is handled through either fundraisers or a flat-fee opt out program. Finally, all parents, grandparents, siblings, and visitors are required to pay an admission fee to each game.
11. How old does my daughter have to be in order to cheer?
In order to be a Duluth Youth Wildcat Cheerleader your daughter must be enrolled in Kindergarten thru 8th grade for the 2013 school year.
12. Does my daughter have to attend a uniform fitting?
Yes, both new and returning cheerleaders attendance at least one uniform fitting is mandatory. The girls will be fitted for camp wear, cheer uniforms and shoes for the 2014 season.
13. How does DYFCA contribute to help make Cheer Off a success?
Each girl will be asked to sell five GFL Cheer Off raffle tickets. The raffle takes place at Cheer Off with a chance to win great prizes. We also ask our parents, families, friends and supporters to purchases Cheer Off Shirts. Orders for these shirts can be placed at registration.